XI ALPHA chapter
Chi Omega (ΧΩ, also known as ChiO) was founded April 5, 1895 at the University of Arkansas by Ina May Boles, Jean Vincenheller, Jobelle Holcombe, and Alice Simonds, with the help of Dr. Charles Richardson (an initiate of the Kappa Sigma fraternity). This founding chapter is called the Psi Chapter. It first expanded in Fall 1898 with Chi chapter at Transylvania University; located in Lexington, Kentucky and Hellmuth Ladies' College, located in London, Ontario. Both chapters were transferred to other schools in 1903. By its 10th anniversary, in 1905, and with the support of Alumnae and Dr. Richardson, Chi Omega had installed 17 chapters throughout the United States.
Despite being a women's organization, Chi Omega only refers to itself as a women's fraternity instead of a sorority.
The Xi Alpha chapter of Chi Omega was founded at the University of Utah in 1913.
CHI O AT THE U
SISTERS ON PURPOSE.
Chi Omega is an intergenerational women’s organization forever committed to our founding purposes: Friendship, Personal Integrity, Service to Others, Academic Excellence and Intellectual Pursuits, Community and Campus Involvement, Personal and Career Development
CHI O 101
|Established||April 5, 1985|
|At the U Since||1914|
|Philanthropy||Make A Wish|
|Colors||Cardinal and Straw|
|Symbols||Skull and Crossbones|
|Required GPA||2.0 GPA|
|Fun Fact||We have the oldest house on the row!|
Chi O Flag