The Fraternity and Sorority community is comprised of 18 chapters that are recognized by the University of Utah. Our growing and vibrant community is approximately 6.5% of all undergraduate students, which is about 1,600 undergraduate students.
There are many benefits to being a member of a fraternity or sorority. Here are just a few:
- Offers a home-away-from-home environment.
- Enhances the education that happens in the classroom: Utah Greeks have higher GPA’s than non-affiliated students.
- Allows for opportunities to give back, help others, and serve the community through service and philanthropy.
- Provides leadership positions and experiences that aren’t available to non-affiliated students.
- Gives members the advantage of networking with alumni.
- Develop lifelong friendships, memories, and a strong sense of accomplishment.
- Allows you to be a part of something greater than yourself.
Each organization has a set of values that are at the core of their organization and why they were founded. While each organization's values may differ, they all fall into the values of the community listed below:
- Leadership and Campus Involvement
- Community Engagement
- Lifelong Membership