The Fraternity and Sorority community is comprised of 19 chapters that are recognized by the University of Utah. Our growing and vibrant community is approximately 5% of all undergraduate students, which is about 1,500 collegians.
There are many benefits to being a members of a fraternity or sorority. Here are just a few:
- Offers a home-away-from-home environment.
- Enhances the education that happens in the classroom, U of U Greeks have higher GPA’s than non-affiliated students.
- Allows for opportunities to give back, help others and serve the community through service and philanthropy.
- Provides leadership activities and experiences that aren’t available to non-affiliated students.
- Increases your involvement on campus.
- Gives members an advantage of networking with alumni.
- Develop lifelong friendships, memories, and a strong sense of accomplishment.
- Allows you to be a part of something greater than yourself.
Each organization has a set of values that are at the core of their organization and why they were founded. While each organization’s values may differ, they all fall into the values of the community listed below.
- Community Engagement
- Lifelong Membership